[Wolves] deborphan

Aquarius aquarius-lists at kryogenix.org
Wed May 12 16:01:59 BST 2004

fizzy spoo'd forth:
> How can I make deborphan tell the truth about what
> libraries I don't need?
>
> root at lucky:~# deborphan
> root at lucky:~# apt-get remove libjpeg62-dev

Try deborphan --guess-dev. Deborphan reports packages without anything
depending on them. Since pretty much every application you run doesn't
have anything depending on it, it'd show you a damned big list, and
therefore deborphan defaults to only showig you things in the "libs"
section. libjpeg62-dev isn't in libs, it's in libdevel, because it's
not a library -- it's the code required to compile against that
library. So --guess-devel will also check in the libdevel section (I
think).

The short version of this is: rtfm. ;-)

Aq.

--
You're *not* friends. You'll *never* be friends. You'll be in love
till it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll