[Wolves] Setting up ADSL modem/router

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue May 18 17:56:27 BST 2004

> Jayne I got one of those, throw it away! I ended up
buying a Belkin
> because the Netgear is a very very nice router, prob
better
> than the Belkin in many ways - but won't let you do
Port Translation whereas the Belkin will!

Hi Wayne, as I said I was evaluating the Netgear DG834
ADSL Modem/Router for a friend of mine. It looked fine
to me, but can you explain what you weren't able to do
with this router that you wanted to, as it may impact
my recommendation to my friend and he needs the right
bit of kit. After a bit of googling I think you're
talking about the difference between NAT and NAPT. Is
that right?

> Regards
>
> Wayne

Thanks,