[Wolves] MEP's and Patents

Kat Goodwin kat at codepoets.co.uk
Fri May 21 09:13:52 BST 2004

> The Tory guy, Michael Harbour, is one of the EU parliament's greatest
> champions of software patents.

Yeah, he spoke at OpenAdvantage's opening.  A completely inappropriate
guest for an organisation set up to promote the use of open source.

He jibbered on a lot about things unrelated to software then slipped in a
few comments about software patents and how they would protect the rights
of software developers... I'm not sure if he really doesn't understand or
if he is just really good at seeming ignorant, but he didn't impress me at
all.

(I also thought he was a nasty creepy man!)

Kat