[Wolves] Argh

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Mon May 24 10:58:44 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 18:43, John J. Smith wrote:
> I tried the Debian installer to put a version of the OS on /dev/hdd1 (I
> have a few old IDE
> drives to use for alternative OS's). Now its screwed up the partition
> table on hda. Rescue
> disk for mandrake cant find the root partition... Any ideas?
>
> I just want a couple of bits of stuff off the main disk (bookmarks, mail
> sent etc), any ideas?
assuming you are using lilo as your boot manager you need to boot into
debian and add the extra OS's to the /etc/lilo.conf file

after you have added them you need to run lilo so it picks up on them
before rebooting and testing the other configs.

The debian installer has a little bit where it adds different OS's to
your config perhaps you are using reiserfs or something else unusual on
the other partitions and this is why the debian installer didn't see
them.

sparkes