[Wolves] Argh

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Mon May 24 11:20:06 BST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 19:07, John J. Smith wrote:

> And how exactly do I boot into debian? I'll restate. It borked my
> bootable hard disk.

arrrhh, then you need a resue disk.  The mandrake one might not be
flexible enough.  Try downloading one of the single floppy linux distros
or a live cd one

> It didnt really give me that choice. It said "install bootloader" and it
> has /dev/hda (rather than
> /dev/hda1, multiple partitions on the main disk, mainly because of OS
> and swap).
the bootloader is on the boot loader is on disk boot sector not on a
partition.  it's the root partition of mandrake that is on /dev/hda1.

A live cd should leave you able to see the partitions in question and
install a decent boot loader to solve your problems

> Sparkes, can you fix you clock BTW :)

and how should I fix it.  My radio set clock stays it is 11.16am BST my
computer clock says it is the correct UTC time, my emailer seems to send
the correct time, and my email client is showing correct BST times for
the messages I have sent.

Your clock appears to suggest that it is your computer with a time
problem you are sending emails 8 hours in the future ;-) either your
clock needs fixing or my views on physics ;-)

>     Smid

sparkes