[Wolves] Knoppix

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed May 26 13:19:02 BST 2004

Hi Sparkes

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 12:57, sparkes wrote:

> I don't know what's most scary about this.  The sales guy with the
> screwdriver and the linux cd or the engineer who doesn't want linux on
> the server ;-)
>
> Thank god I rescued that alpha from you ;-)
>
> sparkes

As you know we do have an equipment graveyard here there isn't much kit round
here that I haven't installed (or tried to install) linux on in my limited
experience loading isn't a problem getting it to work is another matter.

The screwdriver reference is quite close to the Truth I do like to create
Frankenstein type units and then getting them to work Mark and I butchered a
laptop that had a PC cd-rom and a PC hard drive Mark swore blind "it ain't
gonna appen mate" but it did until I burnt the CPU out by overclocking it.

Anyway we are going to try and not use the list for our own conversations.
Sorry all.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"