[Wolves] Episode 8 LugRadio and the elections

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Thu May 27 15:23:59 BST 2004

Hi Andy,

> Thank you for your comments.  My main gripe is that
> there seems to me more  postings about things that are
> outside of the Linux topic than in it. All the other
> Linux User Groups 90% of the postings are Linux
> related.

If you are looking for 100% Linux discussion, this is not the list for
you. We discuss Linux here, but we also discuss other things too, some
of which are not directly related. I try not to ban off topic chat
unless the conversation is obviously between only two people and is of
no interest to the general LUG.

The reason why we sometimes go off topic is that we are all friends here
and like any group friends, not all conversation relates to a single
subject. We try to keep the majority of conversation in and around
Linux, but in a similar way to LUG meetings, we often ramble on about
something else.

> Also from your message you are stating that if I
> attend a curry/beer evening I will be accepted into
> the fold? But if i dont attend then I will be treated
> like a leper.

This is not true. I said that if you come along toa  LUG you will meet
people on a more face to face social level. These kinds of social
relationships are more pertinant than net based ones in many cases. I
would love to meet everyone off this list, but I feel I know the people
who do come ot LUG meetings better. I suspect that this occurs for
others too. This does mean regular meets - I have only met Mo once
AFAIK, and I have only met Rob Annable once, but I feel I know them both
better now.

If you are expecting dry technical discussion, I fear you will be
disappointed with Wolves LUG.

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - http://www.jonobacon.org/
Writer / Journalist / Consultant / Developer