[Wolves] Linux question (yes really!)

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 12:04:42 BST 2004

 --- Chris Procter <Chris at foxonline.co.uk> wrote: >
<snip>
> Any ideas how I could find cpu speed(s), ram, disk
> numbers and sizes, etc?
>
> I know the root password if that helps but there is
> no X etc (its a
> server!).

Hi Chris

Other people will probably have better answers than
me, but

uname -a

will tell you stuff about your kernel, dmesg will
print kernel output (or something like that, anyone
care to clarify?) which will include your processor
speed and amount of RAM. You might want to run it
through less (dmesg | less) so you don't lose it off
the top of your screen.

less /var/log/messages will tell you about similar
stuff.

df will tell you about disk space, df -h will give it
to you in MB and GB rather than blocks.

top will tell you about processor usage. free will
tell you about your RAM.

I have no idea how to find out about your RAID setup,
I'm guessing people like Ron, Sparkes and James could
probably help you here.

Have a nice day :)

> chris

Adam