[Wolves] Linux question (yes really!)

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Fri May 28 12:50:59 BST 2004

On Friday 28 May 2004 12:23, Chris Procter wrote:

> BT used to claim the overheads involved in running a single desk in an
> office was approx £6000, plus the persons pay, NI etc etc so not pure
> profit.

I'm never impressed by these types of statistics they never stand up to close
scrutiny plus BT would make that claim as a way of apologising for the
disgusting profits they make (And that from a guy who's customers say "At
least Dick Turpin wore a mask you swine!")

> The less we give him for it the more cash we can get to make up the value
> so you might be sorry (though not as sorry as he will be I expect) but
> we're not :-)

??? My sorry was the fact that there was a small cash value not the size of
the value.

You've re-iterated what I said e.g. he thinks your gonna offer "loads of
money" when in fact  your gonna offer to use it as a door stop.

If it was my deal I would offer to dispose of it for him then charge a
decomission fee, land fill disposal cost (keeping the unit really) and
transport charges.

Win win win

So much for the desk costing £6000

Very quick true story (Mark Cook can confirm) had a customer broke his PC, I
sold him a brand new dell power edge 500 for £500 he was getting the broken
one replaced under insurance but through us, the deal was he would give, yes
GIVE, us back the Dell we would then sell him an M series (very small pc) so
I had made £500 shear profit 1st time of selling the Dell I made profit on
the M series I then sold the Dell to someone else for another £500.
In the words of one of my fellow Londoners "Luvly Jubbly"

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain
he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"