[Wolves] introduction + question

sparkes sparkes at phreaker.net
Sat May 29 14:01:38 BST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 10:58, Chris Ball wrote:

> hi i'm chris, i'm a staff trainer at a multi-national obesity factory that i
> cannot name for legal (and embarrsament) reasons, programmer and freelance
> web desinger (but isn't everybody these days :P)

Hi Chris

> last time i used linux it was mandrake for a couple of years, but now i want
> a challange. i was thinking debian, but i don't know if it would have any
> trouble with my Nforce 2 motherboard (in fact tho' if it does it would be
> more fun).

If you have serial ata drives you might have a problem with the debian
installer.  Morphix et al can be used to install debian and have much
better hardware support out of the box.

If you get through the debian install there are plenty of people on the
list to help you out as debian is one of the most used distros on this
list

sparkes