[Wolves] Scanner happiness

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 20:20:03 GMT 2004

Ok, off real stuff...

My dad just gave me his old Canon scanner as he's
bought a multifunction unit and (having had the
forethought to compile usb scanner support into my
kernels for the last few months) I plugged it in, did
apt-get install sane xsane and a few other things for
the Gimp and it all worked.

I was expecting this to be a head scratching
ball-ache, but instead I'm very happy. I also finally
got around to setting up my printer and working out
why SWAT wouldn't work so I'm all pleased with myself.

Ad

=====
--

http://www.drinky.org.uk