[Wolves] Scanner happiness

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 2 21:05:49 GMT 2004

 --- Kevanf1 <kevanf1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice one.  I wish my Canon LiDE 50 would work with
> my Linux box :-((((

According to
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html#Z-CANON the
Canon LiDE 20 and 30 work using the same sane backend
as mine - plustek. It doesn't mention the 50 at all,
but if you could find any information at all by
googling (I don't have time to do this right now), it
wasn't that hard to get running at all, I installed
the libsane-extras package to be certain I had all
backends and it worked ok. It is under Debian however
so which packages you need (SuSE right?) and how you
configure it I don't know.

Ad

=====
--