[Wolves] Debian

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 10:20:40 GMT 2004

 --- David Goodwin <dg at clocksoft.com> wrote:
> > Chris Ball wrote:
> > Would this be as easy at home with my Nforce2
> > Motherboard and 5.1 Sound Card?

> In
> such circumstances, if Debian is unable to detect
> the hardware I'd
> suspect that installing via knoppix/morphix/ubuntu
> live cd would be
> better - in that more hardware would be detected and
> configured etc.

It's unlikely that a vanilla Debian would support that
board. I doubt it was even out when the supplied
kernel was released, even if you specify that you want
the bf24 kernel (2.4.18).

You could try, you could get the system to hobble
along while you get a later 2.4 or even 2.6 kernel
running which you know has support for your board, but
if this fails do what David says. I prefer the plain
Debian installer to the Morhpix/Knoppix route as I've
done it enough times for it not to be painful and I
get package dependency hell while I wait for the
Debian testing sources to catch up with the
Morphix/Knoppix packages installed.

Ad

=====
--