[Wolves] Splash Screen - ubuntu

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 12:37:16 GMT 2004

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:35:59 +0000, squire triG <wolves at trig.org.uk> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Is it possible to modify ubuntu, with bootsplash? Like Fedora Core2 and
> SuSE have done with a screen that hides the init start console?
>
> Also, how do you add images to the boot menu?

I think there was some thing said about this is the next version
'Hoary hedgehog'. I think they intend to put in a bootsplash then. I
cant rember what the reason was for not putting it into warty though.
It was emntioned on the ubuntu users list though, and thins was
canonical's reply:

>We do not have bootsplash or any of that in our kernel; we feel that
>bootsplash is an unclean solution, and it has been known to cause many,
>many problems for the distributions that use it.  For our next release
>(hoary, which you can track via its development channel as we work on
>it), we will have an even better startup solution.
>
>--
>Daniel Stone
<daniel.stone at canonical.com>

It is possible is you want to start kernel hacking and start messinf
with frame buffers et al. But for the momment im waiting until hoary
is released

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,