[Wolves] Project Management Tools

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 00:11:22 GMT 2004

 --- Andy Wootton <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk>
wrote:

> I personally think Gantt charts are the work of the
> devil. Why does
> drawing a picture of someone's complete guess make
> it more powerful than
> the reality that you now actually understand the
> problem and it is going
> to take longer than that - however many times a day
> you have progress
> meetings? Fortunately the Force is strong in
> dependency mapping.

Heh true. For me it performed an important function in
that it made me aware of all of the stuff I have to do
and a framework to work to. I have a deadline that I
can't move back if I'm behind, this is a pass or fail
choice.

> >I am also using umbrello for UML modelling.
> >

> Dia also has support for UML diagrams.

Yeah, I remember looking at a friend using Dia for
this now you mention it.

> I love Freemind, a mind-mapping tool with a really
> intuitive user
> interface for getting your initial ideas down
> quickly
> It really does need Java 1.4. If I could only
> have one piece of software this would be it.

I'll look at this, I tried last night but it's a .deb
and I have the Sun JVM installed which wasn't, so dpkg
complains about not having Java. I don't fancy trying
to package the whole Sun JVM into a .deb so I'm open
to advice or I might just take the easy way and get
Blackdown or something.

Thanks for your time and your advice :)

Ad

=====