[Wolves] Point of accuracy

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 14:08:06 GMT 2004

> On 4/11/2004, "Mo Awkati" <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> >Just to get things correct: How do you pronounce
> >Linux?
> >
> >Do you pronounce it as in line ,or as in lin?
> >
> >I understood it is as in lin, ie short i.
>
> You're right: lin (short i) - ux, with "lin" to rhyme with "fin",
> not "fine".
>
> http://www.paul.sladen.org/pronunciation/ is the Whole Truth here!

I remember with my very first use of Red hat i cant remember which
version, though i rember it was a point 0 release, When sound was
setup the test sound was Linus saying: "HI, I'm Linus Torvalds, and i
pronounce Linux, Linux" or sometihng like that, if i can find it, i'll
dig it out, i think it was only a wav

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,