[Wolves] Ubuntu trials

Rob Annable rob.annable at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 21:32:26 GMT 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 17:52:21 +0000, Baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> On 10 Nov 2004, at 09:53, Rob Annable wrote:
> > Er, I get this...
> >
> > PROID_1=""
> > PROID_2=""
> > PROID_3=""
> > PROID_4=""
> > MANFID=0000,0000
> > FUNCID=255
> >

> Try this. In Network setup, turn of any built in network card, i.e.
> eth1. Then set up a wireless link. Re-boot warty. On my Parkard Bell
> with the same card as you that worked. If the card has the Prism
> chipset it really should work with warty.
>
> Barry
>
> PS
>
> Join the ubuntu user list too

Good idea, I've just joined the list...

When I set up the wireless link what should I put for the device? I
have two pcmcia slots on my laptop are they just 0 and 1?

I've noticed that the card is listed in the device manager as that
'intersil' name you mentioned previously. That seems promising at
least.

Re. your previous question about location; I live in Pennfields, how about you?

Rob
--
http://rob.annable.co.uk