[Wolves] Kernel header (include) files

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 12 13:03:04 GMT 2004

 --- kev adams <kev at magicmoon.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thursday 11 Nov 2004 19:58, Mo Awkati wrote:

> > Also downloaded check.sh when I try to run it as
> root
> > I get permission denied.
> >
> Check that check.sh is executable. When you type ls
> -l the permissions for
> check.sh should show an x in the fourth colum from
> the left as below
> -rwx------
> If not type
> chmod 700 check.sh
> to make it executable.

Ah! While this isn't my problem and it is in fact
something I know nothing about, my own experiences
with setting a Radeon card up under Linux, Debian to
be exact, have been dreadful to say the least. Don't
believe ATI when they say they support Linux unless
you use Red Hat or like sadistic howtos.

As there is no officially supported .deb, it took me
18 months to find some instructions for Debian (heh,
if only I had googled for debian fglrx earler ;) and
then had to follow the instructions at

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html

which for my middling abilities, were a bit heavy. To
be honest I've done it and it all worked apart from
the X config file hacking which failed first time
round and I haven't had time to try again.

Of course this is of no help to you at all, I just
wanted to tell my tale of woe to someone who will
listen - you are still there aren't you?

I will finish this off sooner or later, but until then
no tuxracer for me.

Rule: Stick to nVidia

Ad

=====