[Wolves] Newbie

Wayne morris wayne at machx.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 14:30:27 GMT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "kev adams" <kev at magicmoon.co.uk>
To: "Wolverhampton Linux User Group" <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: [Wolves] Newbie

>> I've got crossover and winex  but  they can't  run  the  only  game  I
>> play championship manager and  I  haven't  figured  out  tv out under
>> mandrake.
>>
> Hi Derek
> yep games - probably be the main reason to dual boot for a long time to
> come!
> I set up a laptop for my girlfriends son & he needs a dual boot windows 98
> option for games.  How have you found winex games support?  When I looked
> at
> it a while ago it seemed like most games I needed to set up would take
> quite
> a bit of individual configuration & still have issues to be resolved?
> Seemed
> easier to dual boot.
> kev

Talking of games, I asked this a while back but didn't get any response:

Anyone seen the 'Pub Quiz' machines that seem to be quite popular round the
black country - they run
linux (not sure what flavour) and have a vast selection of trivia/board/card
games to choose from and a touch screen
interface.
Anyone know anything more about this machine, and if the games are available
for home use?