[Wolves] Free training courses with OpenAdvantage

sparkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Mon Nov 15 19:50:57 GMT 2004

kev adams wrote:

> yes I'm quite hard of hearing & have difficulty in group situations.

My hearing is starting to get pretty bad (but as I don't intend to have
a test anytime soon just how bad I don't know) and the first thing I
noticed was just how hard it is to follow the conversations at the LUG.
  It must be really difficult with the general din, several
conversations going on at once and people facing all ways.  I don't envy
you guys but you both made a good effort when you came down.  I know Tim
must have found it easier at the BBQ than in the curry house.

> Do you sign at all Tim?  I don't yet but intend to start learning - finger
> alphabet first.

I really should have learned this when I was working at the college.
they offered to pay but it clashed with lessons.  Pretty stupidly the
college refused to switch my class with another lecturer dispite the
fact I had the most deaf students.  buggers, another example why I don't
recommend Wolverhampton College.

> cheers
> kev

sparkes

--
<davee> "Sparkes, the Pete Best of LugRadio"