[Wolves] Red Hat Enterprise Server

Simon Burke simon.burke at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 19:41:54 GMT 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:34:35 +0000, sparkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
> Simon Burke wrote:
>
> > with a full install of around 6gb.
> >

> how big?
>
> what servers are on there? and do they come preinstalled with data?

The usual, Apache with a fair few modules, exim, postfix et al,
openLDAP,m SSHD of course, mySQL and postgresql, theres a fair few
more but i cant remember as i havnt used it for a fair while, still
using BSD instead.

> you can have a full development workstation, multimedia and a full set
> of games in a couple of gig.  A server should be a fraction of that size.

It has the games the devel apps, multimedia stuff (loads of xmms
skins), It pretty much red hat 9 (i think?) with a nice front end for
some but not all of the provided services, but not all. Theres other
differences but not very noticable. If someone wants a play then by
all means my copy (and it is a copy) is available as i'm not going to
use it.

> I remember when you could have linux, X and gcc in 20mb, oh those where
> the days.

Minimalism is great isnt it, heh :)

--
Theres no place like ::1