[Wolves] Red Hat Enterprise Server

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Nov 22 14:48:53 GMT 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 14:17, David Goodwin wrote:

> You've probably got crap hardware then. No software can compensate for
> that! :-P

In the words of Max & Paddy's Road to nowhere "How dare you" :-)

I've never had any complaints about my hardware!

Try this on for size, this one started this morning;
OAFIID:GNOME_MixerApplet
COBRA Exception
IDL:omg.org/COBRA/Comm_Failure:1.0

Basically the volume control has gone tits up I'm still getting sound so I'll
fix it later.

> To be honest, Windows has become more reliable since the terrible 9X/ME
> days... but I still believe Linux has the upperhand.

I have to be honest a say that last week I had to wipe my works hard drive
(don't ask) I reloaded 2000 it asked me if there was an account to get
details from "Okey cokey" I thought banged in my user name and password blow
me down my former profile appeared like magic same for Office just told it
the domain and hey presto there was all my mail and folders -- Who needs
MSCE?

That explains how the government can get people who have been made redundant
up and running as IT consultants after 3 weeks training!

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk