[Wolves] Master Boot Record

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Tue Nov 23 09:02:02 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 08:18 +0000, Rob Annable wrote:
> I need to wipe them clean and start again. I've seen some tutorials
> after a little Googling, but wondered if any of you guys had any
> suggestions. I've had a go at a DOS based solution using FDISK but had
> no joy.

On machines with Windows (NT/2000/XP in my case) FDISK /MBR from a DOS
boot disk has always done the job for me, but I don't know if it works
on non-Windows'ed disks. I've also heard reference to "zeroing out the
MBR" but I don't know the actual process.

What are you wanting to do with them? If you're using them for Linux or
*shudder* Windows installs the MBR will get fixed anyway, and if you're
just using them for storage the MBR doesn't matter does it?

Cheers,
--
Schwuk - http://www.schwuk.com/
Cumbria LUG - http://www.cumbria.lug.org.uk/