[Wolves] BT Pay As You Go and Linux

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 09:21:25 GMT 2004

One of my Linux converts wanted to use BT's pay as you
go option rather than anybody else. I thought that
should be ok. I thought I could register her using my
internet connection then I can just go and setup
Kinternet and away it goes. No way! I could not go any
further on the BT pay as you go register screens than
the "click here to register". I used Firefox and
Konquere. In the end I had to use my son's pc which he
dual boots wth XP. I had to use IE (shudder) and it
all went through. Luckily I did this in my own space,
to an observer not familiar with Linux they would
right it off! I know its not Linux but I wish people
out there would support it better.

Can anyone tell me why I couldn't use Linux browsers
and can it be corrected? I have java and everything
else on.

Cheers

Mo