[Wolves] Master Boot Record

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 15:37:06 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 15:15, Rob Annable wrote:

> Seriously Peter, I believe you :) I shall try it again this evening. I
> made a half hearted attempt at this last night but will try it again
> before I do anything drastic. Like take a sledgehammer to my machine
> (which is seriously tempting since I've just blown the dust off my old
> Mac SE and I'm thinking about buying this:
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5140426369
> ).

Really sorry if that seemed forceful I get a bit stressed when I see stuff
like zero the drive etc.

IMHO its geek speak and people who are 100% novices will get frightened and
think "Oh god I'd better get my local shop to do it for me".

If you have a dual boot system you can even do it from Windows bring up a dos
window type fdisk /mbr and hey presto you've just blown Grub or Lilo away the
thing will now boot straight into Windows the only way to access the Linux
partition is with a rescue or RIP disk I also own the Ultimate boot CD not
had a chance to use it yet but supposedly it has every boot tool for every OS
on it.

Anyway Sorry if I was Mr Angry from Purley :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk