[Wolves] List Stats

Mark R. Trotman mark at armscroft.com
Wed Nov 24 14:44:56 GMT 2004

Barbie wrote:
> Seeing as Peter hasn't run his script for a while, and the other day I had a bit of free time, I thought I'd have a crack at writing a Perl script to do the list stats. I've just cleaned up the output a bit, and the results can be seen online:
>
> http://barbie.perldrunks.org/wolveslug/stats-2004.html
>
> I shall try and get around to automate the updates, but for now I'll try and remember to do it by hand :)
>
> Anything that might be worth adding or changing?
>
> When I get some more time I want to generate some graphs based on the stats too.
>
> Enjoy,
> Barbie.

Good stuff Barbie! A couple of points though;

Just wondering.... would it be useful if the Mailer types were simply
collated on the basis of O/S rather than by version?

Would it be better if the stats on
http://barbie.perldrunks.org/wolveslug/stats-2004.html were in reverse
date order? i.e. newest post at the top of the page and oldest at the
bottom (it's coz I'm a lazy so and so!) and I wouldn't have to scroll
down the page to see the latest post.

Oh, one more, I'd also like to see who is posting to a Linux ng with a
Windows box. We could then hunt them down mercilessly and ridicule them
in public! ;)

... well, you did ask!

--

Mark