[Wolves] List Stats

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 16:44:31 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 24 November 2004 15:30, Barbie wrote:

> Did a quick fix during lunch, and I've sorted the Mailer stats, which now
> only list the number of clients by name (rather than version number) and
> number of users, rather than just number of mails.

Boo, I liked seeing what version people are running.

> I've also sorted some of the UNKNOWN mailers to pick up GMail, Yahoo and my
> mailing script. There are now only two users who don't have any significant
> identifiers in the mail headers to say what they use.

Very good.

> Denoting the OS someone uses would be extremely difficult, even picking it
> from the mailer software, as although it might be Micro$oft, it could be
> sent from a Mac or Linux running WINE, although I doubt it. I did think
> about the ISP stats, but in my case the mail wouldn't show that my mail
> comes from MessageLabs, as the headers get repatched to hide the true
> sender when they reach my server.

Yeah it was just wishful thinking I knew it was too difficult to implement, my
mails are similar in respect they are relayed from us (we are an independent
ISP) to Freeserve/Wanadoo

Let me sleep on it and I'll think up some other wacko stuff that cant be
done :-)

--
Regards,
Peter Cannon.