[Wolves] demux

Mike Peters mike at ice2o.com
Thu Nov 25 17:46:46 GMT 2004

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:10:55 +0000 (GMT)
Mo Awkati <mawkati at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have been trying to get Xine to open Quicktime files
> and Win media files but no success. I downloaded the
> codecs and unpacked in usr/lib/win32 still no joy. I
> installed MPlayer and Kplayer and can't get them to
> work either. Xine works fine for everything else. I
> have got RealPlayer to work where the files are
> realplayer format.

I usually use mplayer (or gmplayer) for Quicktime but I think things are
pretty much the same for Xine and mplayer in that if one works the other
should. Starting mplayer (or gmplayer) from a console (or xterm) gives a
lot of info, try that and see if the output gives you any clues.

> The reason why I am trying to get things to work is
> again to do with getting people to chnage over to
> Linux. On eof the questions I was asked was: "Can you
> view the BBC news videos etc.?" i couldn't answer and
> have been trying for a few weeks to get to grips with
> it and but now I have to concede defeat:-(

For what it's worth, most of the BBC stuff is Realplayer and works well
with the latest version.

--
Mike
Web Site: http://www.ice2o.com
JabberID: mpeters at jabber.org
Registered Linux User #247123

Nasrudin walked into a teahouse and declaimed, "The moon is more useful
than the sun."  "Why?", he was asked.  "Because at night we need the
light more."