[Wolves] Re: A favour.....

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 25 23:27:31 GMT 2004

On Thursday 25 November 2004 22:57, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Hi Peter.  forget that earlier mail.  Obviously my posts are getting
> through.  I don't get a copy of my own posts though for some reason
> even though it is still checked.  I've just checked it.  Strange and
> disconcerting.

Hi Kev

Had a few cans as I'm off to tomorrow so my brain is not working as well as it
should do (its not that good normally anyway) your posts are going to to the
list are you;

1. Doing a refresh on your Gmail account
2. Giving your account enough time to pick your mails up

I've done some posts tonight and they seem to take about 20-30 minutes to
appear on the list ---->

A. This may be because at home its a standard dial-up account (Not broadband)
B. The mail has to go to the server that holds the list database then
replicate then be sent out
C. the web is getting exceptional loads tonight and is slowing things down

Before anyone derides C cast your minds back to September 11th the net nearly
ground to a halt.

With regards to Ubantu I have it, I've loaded it, it looks OK but it is new,
its gonna have problems.

Actually I'm bored of seeing Ubantu posts surley there is an Ubantu user list?
I mean I use Fedora thats why I joined the Fedora user group the vast
majority of problems I post there, if there are generic e.g. cross platform
problems then I post them here.

Regards
Peter Cannon
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is is every excuse for not knowing
but there is no excuse for not asking"