[Wolves] Fame at Last for Ade

Jono Bacon jono at jonobacon.org
Fri Nov 26 07:15:52 GMT 2004

Hi Woo,

> Sorry, I didn't tell the full story. I sent a transcript of your
> comments to a good guy (non-techie) who I thought might be able to make
> the right things happen quickly. He said that he couldn't use it because
> Jono had said "hack". I Googled for the definition of 'Hacker' in The
> Jargon File by way of explanation and fell foul of our web filtering
> myself. Trust me, we're all anarchists; otherwise we'd be using those
> nice Microsoft operating systems like normal people do.
>
> I realised on re-reading the transcript that the humour didn't come
> across at all. You did actually sound quite dangerous. I left him trying
> to clean up your act so you sounded like the kind of potential customers
> we would be prepared to accept money from.

I suppose the moral of this story is that no-one should ever use
LUGRadio for evangelical means. I think the only way LUGRadio can really
help promote Open Source is by demonstrating the social and community
aspect. It should certainly not be used to promote it within business.
Full points for determination though Woo. :)

Incidentally, could you post the transcript here so we can see how
dangerous it sounds?

Cheers,

    Jono