[Wolves] Powergen from Mozilla Firefox

Old Dan dan at dannyboy.dnsalias.org
Fri Nov 26 15:11:33 GMT 2004

Kevanf1 wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:41:00 +0000, Andy Wootton
> <andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Although, as reported on LUG Radio, http://www.powergen.co.uk/ rejects
>>Firefox clients, http://www.choosepowergen.co.uk/ which Google just
>>redirected me to, seems to work perfectly.
>
> The message is rather annoying.  Suggesting that I 'upgrade' my
> browser to either IE or Netscape.  In my opinion a move to IE would be
> a downgrade.  No contact link either :-(((

Am I the only person in the world who thinks this is rather amusing?

It's obviously just a fsck-up by their web designer, rather than any
plot to make everyone use M$ products.  The site also mentions you can
use Netscape, Opera or /Konqueror/, FFS!

It recognises Firefox as Netscape 1.0, and if it was right you probably
wouldn't be able to use the site anyhoo.

It's a fsck-up.  Just tell them, or their webmaster if you can get hold
of him/her.

...and don't forget to take the piss.  :)

--
Dan