[Wolves] Birmingham LUG

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 11:58:43 GMT 2004

At the first Wolves LUG meeting I attended, talk turned to the original
Birningham LUG and how South Birmingham LUG hadn't been able to use the
name because they couldn't locate the original owner.

Yesterday I remembered a 'marketing phrase' coined by the guy who
appeared to run the Birmingham LUG and introduced me to Linux via
articles in the press and speaking at a DECUS meeting:

"A storm is coming and its name is Linux" (circa 1995/6)

By searching I was reminded that his name is Martin Houston. The web
site of his contracting company,  Deluxe has disappeared but he still
seems to have an email address at UKUUG. I'd guess he is the man SB LUG
need to talk to. I can't remember who was interested in knowing this so
can someone point me in the right direction

Woo