[Wolves] Birmingham LUG

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 13:39:47 GMT 2004

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:51:33 +0000, Andy Wootton
<andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> At the first Wolves LUG meeting I attended, talk turned to the original
> Birningham LUG and how South Birmingham LUG hadn't been able to use the
> name because they couldn't locate the original owner.
>
> Yesterday I remembered a 'marketing phrase' coined by the guy who
> appeared to run the Birmingham LUG and introduced me to Linux via
> articles in the press and speaking at a DECUS meeting:
>
> "A storm is coming and its name is Linux" (circa 1995/6)
>
> By searching I was reminded that his name is Martin Houston. The web
> site of his contracting company,  Deluxe has disappeared but he still
> seems to have an email address at UKUUG. I'd guess he is the man SB LUG
> need to talk to. I can't remember who was interested in knowing this so
> can someone point me in the right direction
>
> Woo

Sort of one this theme... does anybody have any dealings with South
Staffordshire LUG members?  I did subscribe to the list months ago but
there doesn't seem to be any input/output.  Is it still alive?  Or is
it there in name only?  There is an e-mail address on the LUG page in
Linux Format but I get no reply when I mail it.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street