[Wolves] Another Ubuntu switch

Ron Wellsted ron at wellsted.org.uk
Sun Nov 28 20:56:38 GMT 2004

So it looks like almost everyone has been switching distros this weekend.

I have just completed switching my workstation from SuSE 9.1 to Gentoo.  I
started Friday evening and have just reached the stage of being about 90%
complete.  Of course the remaining 10% will take months to finish ;-)

Once I saw how fast KDE 3.3 runs when it is optomised for the hardware, I knew
it was worth the effort, even though there had been times when I was ready to
switch back.   OpenOffice has just finish compiling and also runs much faster
than previously.

Now to plan switching the server over the Christmas break...

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk
ron at wellsted.org.uk