[Wolves] Another Ubuntu switch

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Mon Nov 29 11:17:28 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 19:57 +0000, Rob Annable wrote:
> There will be soon if I don't find a distro that is pain free. I
> solved last weeks MBR problem, this week it's duel/dual boot that is
> giving me grief. Ubuntu is ignoring the Windows partition and doesn't
> include it as an option in Grub.
>
> Also, while we're on the Ubuntu pros/cons list, I've also found that
> it doesn't read FAT partitions properly. Having asked it to mount a
> couple of partitions that I want to share between OSs, it doesn't read
> the contents of the drives correctly - folders just read as zero k and
> you can do nothing with them. Weird.

Purely anecdotal I know, but Ubuntu has been nothing but good for me. It
does allow me to boot XP, and I've just accessed my FAT32 'shared' drive
for the first time without a hitch.

I've also had no problems with the LiveCD. I find it peculiar that
people have such strange problems with what appears (to me) to be a
pretty solid distro.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk - http://www.schwuk.com/