[Wolves] DocBook XML editing for normal people

Schwuk schwuk at schwuk.com
Mon Nov 29 11:36:51 GMT 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 22:41 +0000, Andy Wootton wrote:
> A couple of us recently discussed our failures to convince 'decision
> makers' that real people would be able to maintain DocBook XML documents.
>
> I've spotted this promising project that I intend to keep an eye on.
> http://www.conglomerate.org/

I spotted that, and tried it. Looks OK as a docbook/XML editor, but is
lacking as an end-user editor.

What we need is an editor that supports WYSIWYG editing of docbook
documents, outputs valid docbook, and displays according to attached
stylesheets. Basically OOo Writer or MS Word, but you can only select
the style (title, section etc) - not edit the style itself.

This will allow people to generate docbook documentation with worrying
about the inner workings, and that is how we will sell it.

Cheers,
--
Schwuk - http://www.schwuk.com/
Cumbria LUG - http://www.cumbria.lug.org.uk/