[Wolves] Another Ubuntu switch

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:07:47 GMT 2004

 --- sparkes <sparkes at westmids.biz> wrote:
> but I just can't see how the
> trade off in compilation time can be worth it on one
> machine.

What compilation time?!  Anything large (open office,
kernel) I leave overnight, I don't see anything
compile so there is no time lost.  Anything small I
leave running whilst doing other things, I don't see
the massive problem it causes me.

> That's why I like apt.  I can get a working binary
> within 24 hours of
> the build server getting the source.  And I know I
> won't have to give up
> a massive chunk of processing power to get it
> working.\

For some things (kde included) you can just emerge the
binary, if you want. Oh, and if you're using debian
you'll probably have to wait a little longer than 24
hours, more like 24 months ;)

> sparkes
fizz

=====
--
Bloody B3ta loving, iPod wearing fool, in my skate tshirts and duffle coat.