[Wolves]Gentoo was: Another Ubuntu switch

fizzy fizzyorguk at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 15:12:43 GMT 2004

 --- Simon Burke <simon.burke at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wouldnt mind having a go at gentoo myself, it
> seems well suited to
> me, im a minimalist at heart so i would never have
> to spend days
> compiling after the initial umph.

That's one of the main reasons I use gentoo, I don't
want crap I don't need cluttering up my processes or
my hard disk.  I need to know exactly what is on there
and exactly what it is doing.  Even slackware doesn't
do this well enough for me.  I even tried going to
linux from scratch but the lack of any package
management annoyed me.  Gentoo gives me package
management as good as debian (as far as I can see),
full control of everything going on, is really fast
and looks really nice (gotta love that frame buffer
support!)

> SimonB
fizz

=====
--
Bloody B3ta loving, iPod wearing fool, in my skate tshirts and duffle coat.