[Wolves] Incorrect map drive sizes

Kevan kevanf1 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 15:25:11 BST 2004

 --- Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >  --- Wayne morris <wayne at machx.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Worked out whats going on here : the 80gb drive
> > > is actually mounted in the
> > > /var/html/www/ directory - and /var is only a
> > > 250mb partition with 7mb free,
> > > so the winzoze box is seeing the size of /var
> > > rather than the actual drive.
> > > Anyway round this?
>
> > Another dumb question... It's a Samba share on a
> > Windows box right? If so, good. If it's in a Linux
> > box
> > - bad. Linux ntfs writing support doesn't work and
> > will screw your disk. I'm pretty certain you
> already
> > know this, but I just thought I'd ask.
>
> Sorry, think I had the wrong end of the stick there.
> The problem is at the Windows end, not the Linux
> end.
> Are you sharing /var, /var/html, or just
> /var/html/www?
>
> Not sure I can be much help to be honest.
>
> Ad

Windows can have a size limit set for users or disk
space.  Could it be something to do this with? It can
only be set by the admin in WinNT.  Not sure yet
whether this is applicable in Linux - hey, I'm still
learning - but I assume it is there.

Of course this may total twaddle so ignore me if this
is case :-)

Kevan