[Wolves] not a linux question but...

Martyn Carey lists at kryogenix.co.uk
Tue Oct 5 20:11:33 BST 2004

Your users will be able to collect mail!
POP3 is the better method if you are linking two offices the reason is that
domain logons are notoriously slow over a vpn. Microsh*t does weird thinks
over the network!

If you are doing router to router you do not need the sbs box to do anything
as long as you are not using proxy (sorry ISA) as your firewall. If you do
use ISA then you need to allow all sorts of ports through for a vpn. Might
as well not bother with any type of firewall if you rely on this anyway!
(Chocolate firegrate)

If you change to linux, the router to router vpn would not change if you
enable imap/pop3 collection. Unless you change the ip address of course then
you will need to reconfigure the clients.

Thanks
Martyn