[Wolves] False advertising?

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 11:05:17 BST 2004

Perhaps that's a little strong.  Maybe misleading advertising would be
better.  A couple of months ago I bought a new modem - I know I'm
still on dial up, can't afford BB.  I went to the Overclockers site in
Stoke.  Saw a Creative internal modem at the right price.  It stated
on the ad' that it was '100% hardware design'.  Ok, fine it should
work with Linux then.  But it didn't!  After mucho head scratching and
delving into the set up files I decided to try Creative's support team
and ask them.  It's a bloody software modem - so not even a real modem
at all.

I'm now waiting to hear what Overclockers have to say.

I have tried the various sites that have 'fixes' for running a
Winmodem and of course my particular one just happens not to have a
fix :-(((  typical.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer