[Wolves] O/T 3G phones - 3 and the Nokia 7600

Jon Farmer jonfarmer at enta.net
Wed Oct 20 10:13:42 BST 2004

David Goodwin wrote:

> I thought 3 was just Orange renamed for 3G. When you look at how Cellnet
> became O2 etc - I assumed they were all rebranding themselves for the
> new era...

Orange was way way back owned by Hutchinson Telecom who now own 3.
However for the last few years Orange has been owned by France Telecom
and is nothing to do with Hutchinson.

Cellnet rebranded themselves when they became unbundled from BT. It was
an attempt to position themselves as a sepeate entity and to develop a
brand that would have global appeal.

--
Jon Farmer
Systems Programmer