[Wolves] List

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 13:47:16 BST 2004

On Wednesday 20 Oct 2004 13:35, The wise and knowledgeable sparkes proclaimed:

> at 25 I decided it was time to start a family but I still don't feel
> *grown up*.  I am certainly more mature than at any other time but that
> could be due to the grey hairs (you should ask ade where he has them ;-)
> ) but I am still 17 inside.

Hey I'm 43 I still feel like I'm 17

> yup I get that all the while.  The answer the money in the bank is for
> paying the bills gets the so pay on credit card.  You end up having to
> explain your fiscal policy to a 6 year old outside the toy shop.

ROTFLMAO

I had the same conversation with my daughter Hannah the other day (Shes 12) I
wouldn't let them be school dinners, this is because one day turns into two
then three and so on. I said that we were saving for our holiday, I needed to
buy a new surround sound system and the wife needed a new CD player for the
kitchen both items are for use within the home and can be used by all of us.

Hannah threw a fit complaing at the amount I had spent and that I would not
pay for school dinners! Like you I had to sit down and explain that I worked
to provide for the family and that certain payments benefit one person and
other purchases benefit all.

Surfice to say it cost me a £50 Nicky Clarke hair set :-(

> I have a younger sister and my dad and myself used to sit her boyfriends
> down and scare the shite out of them by asking their intentions, their
> plans for the future etc.
>
> At 14 this is probably as scary as it gets ;-) We only got one that
> cottoned on we where taking the piss and he was too worldly wise for my
> sister so I had a nice chat later :-)

I don't see anything wrong with that, natural fatherly protection I know what
blokes are like and what they want, after all I used to be one :-)

The twins (my girls) have a friend who's mum & dad are lottery winners their
house is massive with a big f-off boat and top of the range motors on the
drive, I keep hinting that they should invite her round more often, I mean
her mum and dad might like me :-)

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"