[Wolves] SMTP

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 23:19:05 BST 2004

> No.  Even if you switch off your current SMTP server, mail will just queue
> on the sending mail servers.  If you're down for too long the sending mail
> servers will return your mail to sender; you'll not get it, but it won't
> be lost as such.
>
> --
> Peter Oliver

I usually get a message back from my ISP's mail server if a message
fails.  I think it keeps trying automatically for about 5 days with no
intervention from myself.  Useful if somebody is changing over mail
servers.  I've not known this with any other ISP but I'm sure they
must do this?

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer