[Wolves] SMS messages

squire triG wolves at trig.org.uk
Wed Oct 27 14:33:08 BST 2004

squire triG wrote:

> Suse and that have pre-built rpms i believe for sms, you will however need
> a GSM modem (about £180)

You can use any old nokia and gnokii to do this. Depending on your usage
get a O2 Online PAYG sim card and you get 300 SMS for a £10 a month.

Yeah you can do it that way.. We did for a while.. There is also a PHP web
control panel for SMS i believe.. May have it on one of our servers..

gnokii does work well, but make sure you get the right cable.. they all look
the same but generally aint.. We had some major problems when someone said '
i have a cable, ill bring it in' and couldnt get it to work on any fone,
expept my nokia that i use for my car kit

--
Jon Farmer
Systems Programmer