[Wolves] Switching people to Linux

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Oct 31 01:30:25 BST 2004

>There is a really nice flight sim for Linux, take a look at Flight Gear.
>The on-line play is free at the moment too!

"Free at the moment" worries me in relation to weaning people off
Microsoft. They are used to being conned by such deals and it may make
them very suspicious of the "free for ever" nature of Linux. If you have
to start explaining the GPL then you've lost them. Let's face it, if
they were the kind of person that cared about license agreements then
they wouldn't be using Microsoft software or services (MSN is my favourite.)

Woo