[Wolves] Shutdown problem

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Sun Oct 31 12:40:11 GMT 2004

Kevanf1 wrote:
> Oh, SuSE support were worse than useless.  The simply pointed me
> towards the terms of the support license and a link to ACPI.  My mobo
> is pre 2000 and doesn't have APCI set up.  Besides which, as I pointed
> out to them it works properly with 9.1 Personal.

If your motherboard is that old then it probably won't support ACPI. It
might, however, support APM, which is the power management predecessor
to ACPI. I don't know whether the SuSE kernel supports APM by default; I
suspect so if it's working in 9.1 Personal, though. If that's the case,
try ensuring that the "apm" module is loaded (there may be something in
YaST to do this, or you could add it to /etc/modules).

Aq.