[Wolves] Stats Request

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Sep 7 09:40:50 BST 2004

On Monday 06 Sep 2004 23:01, The wise and knowledgeable Jono Bacon proclaimed:

> Yeah, who cares - stats are interesting and they are posted rarely. I
> see little point in ruling this mailing list with an iron fist and and
> stopping things like this.

Thanks to everyone who requested the List-Stats continue, I should really come
clean and admit that I did not write the PHP script a good friend of mine in
Florida (his house is still standing minus some trees and roof tiles) wrote
the script and sent it to me.

Ideally it could do with tweaking as it gives duff info in respect of 'Clients
Used' and 'Message Content Types', I think it counts 1 for every mail ideally
it could do with recording the first instance and then knowing/ignoring
subsequent mails so that we get a true picture of clients and types. My
supposed logical brain would say:

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk=1 client used
all further
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk=0 clients used

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk=1 Message content types
all further
peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk=0 Message content types

I know nothing about PHP and will probably not start to learn for a good while
if anyone is interested in cleaning the script I will be more than happy to
send it to them :-)

I'm not sure why the script returns:
=?iso-8859-1?q?Adam=20Sweet?=
=?iso-8859-1?q?Helen=20Rose?=
=?iso-8859-1?q?Jayne=20Heger?=

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"