[Wolves] DVD Playback

Philip Moore ptm48 at uklinux.net
Sun Sep 19 12:32:33 BST 2004

Hi

Peter Oliver wrote:

"Free DVD playback is not allowed in the US, which is why distributions
such as Redhat don't ship software with these capabilities.  Don't know
what the situation is in the UK, but I suspect it's okay."

Looking at the Xine site there are files available for the Xine to play copyrighted DVD's (only four files are required) but the web page states clearly in large red letters that the use of this software is not supported as legal restrictions apply.

I believe that this applies to the EU as well as the USA and this is the reason that the distros don't include the required files (although the curl file is included).

Philip Moore