[Wolves] Connecting via VPN and NetBIOS

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Sep 20 09:17:01 BST 2004

On Monday 20 Sep 2004 00:22, The wise and knowledgeable James Turner
proclaimed:
> On Sunday 19 Sep 2004 14:37, MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com wrote:
> > Okay, I've no idea where to start with this.
> >
> > I need to access a remote
> > network, using Fedora. I have an IP address and I'm told that it uses
> > NetBIOS over VPN. I also have a login to use.

I might be being stupid here but I use the remote desktop feature that comes
as standard with FC2, having said that I have only connected to my Suse box
but I'm sure it can be done to a Windows box. I also use smb4k to connect via
works internal Windows network again not 100% sure if this can be used to do
the same but it wouldn't suprise me smb4k is dead easy to use very intuitive
I just start it up get it to scan the network then expand the drive I want
double click the relevant folder, permissions to the various network drives
is trial and error for me, but in simple terms if you ain't allowed in it
wont mount if your allowed, hey presto the folder opens in a new window.

Hope that helps?

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"